SKIMM'BASSADOR RAFFLE OFFICIAL RULES
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) ELIGIBILITY: “Skimm'bassador Raffle” ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of February 1, 2019. The following individuals are not eligible: All employees and contractors of theSkimm, Inc. ("Sponsor") or their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules".
2) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 5:00:00 pm EST February 1, 2019 and ends at 7:00:00 pm EST February 1, 2019 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winner(s) will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
3) SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by generating Valid Referrals (as defined below) to theSkimm’s daily email newsletter by inviting people to sign up using your unique referral link. All subscribers can access their referral links by clicking on the “Share That Sh*t” button within the newsletter, or by appending your primary email address to the custom invite page found here: http://www.theskimm.com/invite/v2/new?email=. For purposes hereof, “Valid Referral” shall mean a valid email address (associated with a natural person, other than you) that is not currently, and has not previously, subscribed to theSkimm's daily email newsletter that results in such email address agreeing to subscribe to the newsletter through your custom invite page or unique referral link. Valid Referrals must have been created through your unique referral link to be eligible. The number of Valid Referrals you can generate is unlimited. A winner will be selected at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period in accordance with the below.
Alternative Method of Entry ("AMOE"): You may also enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email with the email body containing your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, ZIP code, day and evening phone numbers (including area code), and email address, with email subject line " Skimm'bassador Raffle" to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered eligible in the Sweepstakes, AMOE entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period.
4) PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each Grand Prize Winner by accepting the Grand Prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Grand Prize Winner.
5) SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, three (3) Grand Prize Winners will be selected at random, which will be announced on or about February 1, 2019 to receive a Dominoes pizza with three toppings of their choice. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize Winner(s) will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the Sweepstakes entry form. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered. The judging of the Sweepstakes will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a Grand Prize Winner's failure to respond to email notification within three (3) days after its transmission; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a Grand Prize Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a Grand Prize Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; (5) a Grand Prize Winner's failure to validly claim the prize by 12:00:00 pm EST on February 2, 2019; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner, which if awarded, would be the person with the next highest Valid Referrals. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor because of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6) All taxes on the Grand Prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a Grand Prize not listed in these rules, including travel to/from the Grand Prize, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All Grand Prizes will be awarded, provided that they are validly claimed by 12:00:00 pm EST on February 2, 2019, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
7) GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
8) PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
10) OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Skimm'bassador Raffle" c/o theSkimm 50 West 23rd Street, Suite 5B. New York, NY 10010. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
11) SPONSOR: theSkimm, Inc., 50 West 23rd Street, Suite 5B, New York, NY 10012