SKIMM PRESENT SOCIAL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $72 per winner
SOCIAL SKIMM PRESENT SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES TO ENTER, YOU MUST READ THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THESE RULES BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES AS PROVIDED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE SHARED WITH THE SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO THE SPONSOR’S PRIVACY POLICIES AT THE LINKS PROVIDED BELOW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Skimm Present Social Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories, possessions and overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible: All employees and contractors of theSkimm, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees, web designers, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling (or “step” of each) and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules”.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins when the Sweepstakes social media post (the “Post”) is posted on November 16, 2021 at 11:59 PM and ends on November 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winner will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes by commenting on the Instagram Post and tagging a friend. Limit one (1) entry per during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. You may only use one social media account to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
4. SWEEPSTAKES WINNER SELECTION: On or about seven (7) days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will select one (1) entry for the prize described below as a potential Sweepstakes winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Potential winner will be contact by Sponsor via direct message on the social media platform and will be required to respond to the notification within 3 days and follow all steps outlined by the Sponsor. Potential winner must follow the initial prize claim instructions and any subsequent claim instructions, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Sponsor’s decision as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
5. POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
6. VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within the timeframe stated of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. PRIZES: The prize consists of one (1) prize package with a total approximate retail value (ARV) of $72.00, consisting of: 1x Gevalia-branded Jacket (ARV: $60.00), 1x Gevalia-branded mug (ARV: $5.00), and 1x bag of Gevalia coffee (ARV: $7.00). Additional restrictions or limitations on the prize are detailed within these rules. No warranty or guarantee will be given by Sponsor with respect to the prize. Any and all guarantees and warranties are subject to the manufacturers or service provider’s terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such entity for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, related to a prize are the responsibility of the individual winner. All guarantees and warranties are subject to the manufacturers or service provider’s terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such entity for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
8. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, the applicable social media platform, the prize provider and each of their respective parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
9. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each potential winner by accepting the pirze grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any winner.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the South District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in Westchester County, New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Skimm Present Social Sweepstakes c/o theSkimm, Inc. 50 West 23rd St, Suite 5B, New York, NY 10010. Requests for winners’ lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
15. SPONSOR: theSkimm, Inc., 50 West 23rd St, Suite 5B, New York, NY 10010.