Sign up to get a list of our favorite things to watch, read, eat and buy in your inbox every Monday.
This week's picks coming in 3,2,1...
1. 9 female-directed films that’ll dominate awards season.
In the most unpredictable year ever, there’s still one thing we can always rely on: women kicking ass. Let’s hear it for the ladies and all their buzzy movies.
2. Expert tips for giving yourself a great blowout.
Anything the salon can do, you can do better. Ok maybe not…but worth a shot. Here’s how.
3. 5 one-pot pastas to make for dinner.
One bowl to cook in = just one bowl to clean. Impastable to resist.
4. 17 products to get you in the festive (and spooky) fall mood.
Flannels, pumpkins, and pie, oh my. Get ready to fall in love with our favorite picks of the season.
5. Organizing hacks from TikTok.
Like hanging your remote on a hook, so you’ll never have to ask your dog where it is again. Can you say genius?
6. Four things we’re buying this Amazon Prime Day.
7. Eco-friendly activewear that you’ll prooob wear everyday.
Because you’re still in a long-distance relationship with your jeans. This brand’s activewear is comfy AF. And it’s made from recycled plastic bottles, so it’s good for the planet. PS: Skimm’rs get $10 towards their purchase. Win win win.*
8. 55 fun, easy ways to paint a pumpkin.
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo your orange paper weight into a disco ball, or sprinkled donut. Your stoop game just got a whole lot stronger.
9. The 10 best cheeses to buy from Trader Joe’s.
Come for the chèvre, stay for the Le Délice de Bourgogne. Life is gouda.
10. The transitional sneakers you need.
Chilly fall walks, meet this brand’s sneaks. They’re finally back in stock after having an 8k waitlist. They come in suede or leather, and in colors like grey, black, and camel. And Skimm’rs get 15% off for a limited time. Don’t wait.*
11. 3 WFH posture problems and how to solve them ASAP.
Pros of WFH life: sweatpants. Cons: neck and back pain. Good thing we have these chiropractor tips at the ready.
12. A guide to all the ingredients on the back of your skin-care products.
You’ve been hearing buzz about retinol and glycolic acid. Now it’s time to actually figure out what they mean for your skin. Ready, set, glow.
13. What you need to know about working out now that it’s chilly.
Here’s how to avoid those joint aches and pains, plus the five stretches you should always be doing after a sweat session. We said brrrr it’s cold in here…
14. Brain teasers that’ll put your mind to the test.
If finding the penguin in a sea of toucans, or solving riddles isn’t the best use of our time these days...then we don’t know what is. Game on.
15. And finally, three totally random things that made us happy this week:
*This denotes a sponsored post.
PS: If you buy anything from this, theSkimm may get something in return. Oh, and if something’s out of stock, oops, it was there when we published. Thanks.
Subscribe to Skimm Your Life
We're bringing you products, recs, and suggestions that'll make your life just a liiittle easier. It all starts with adding us to your inbox.