Sign up to get a list of our favorite things to watch, read, eat and buy in your inbox every Monday.
This week's picks coming in 3,2,1…
1. 15 thoughtful Valentine’s Day gifts your partner will love.
No more stressing over finding the “perfect gift.” This list has a truth or dare game, a blanket sweatshirt, and a date night cookbook. Call us Cupid.
2. …and 14 Galentine’s Day gifts for the BFF you can’t wait to hug again.
Ladies celebrating ladies? We’re here for it. We've got a nail kit, a friendship necklace, and a “Schitt’s Creek”-themed card. Hey sista, soul sista.
3. 10 books you’re about to see all over Insta.
Spotted: a memoir from one of Hollywood’s most legendary actresses, a psychological thriller that’ll keep you up at night, and a new book from Joan Didion. Hashtag yes please.
4. A guide to the new cleaning technique taking over Pinterest.
Goodbye KonMari, hello to our new fave tidying hack. Tonight's plans, coming right up.
5. What to watch at Sundance’s first virtual film festival.
Sundance...but make it streamable. Here’s how to view this year’s movies from your couch. Boom, you’re basically a film critic now.
6. A better way to wine.
Because it’s about more than the label. Take a quick quiz, and this company will send you six bottles per month that match your tastes. With every order, they get better at knowing what you like. Oh, and Skimm’rs get 50% off their box. We’ll drink to that.*
7. Your February horoscope.
PSA: Mercury’s in retrograde. Good luck to all.
8. Lightweight mascara that helps your lashes stay healthy.
Lancôme’s new Lash Idôle formula has white tea extract, so it conditions lashes while lifting, lengthening, and volumizing. Without weighing them down. Eye-conic.*
9. 17 movies about Black History to put in your queue.
We’ve got award winners, documentaries, a biopic, and a buzzy Oscar frontrunner. Check ‘em out.
10. 9 ways to warm up your apartment if you don’t control your thermostat.
Because the cold really does bother you, anyway. Here are some hacks Olaf would hate.
11. The best parenting podcasts for busy moms and dads.
Raising a kid is hard. During COVID-19...even harder. These pods to the rescue.
12. 14 tips for how to maintain your brows at home.
Living in quar = flashbacks to over tweezing our brows in middle school. Here’s a crash course in shaping, tweezing, and waxing that’ll make sure that never happens again. Phew.
13. Instant Pot recipes for Super Bowl Sunday.
If throwing a bunch of ingredients into one big pot is more your cooking speed, here are some recipes for chili, wings, and all the other game day essentials.
14. ...and some dessert recipes if dips and wings aren’t your thing.
Watching sports is stressful. And stressed spelled backwards is desserts, so here you go.
15. And finally, three totally random things that made us happy:
*This denotes a sponsored post.
PS: Did someone forward you this newsletter? Sign up here.
PPS: If you buy anything from this email, theSkimm may get something in return. Oh, and if something’s out of stock, oops, it was there when we published this. Thanks.
Subscribe to Skimm Your Life
We're bringing you products, recs, and suggestions that'll make your life just a liiittle easier. It all starts with adding us to your inbox.