Disease outbreaks can impact your health and your wealth.
- How I Became a First-Generation Homebuyer
See how Rachel went from sharing a 3-bedroom apartment rental to owning a 3-bedroom house of her own.
- What Medicare for All Could Mean for Your Wallet
Asking For A Friend
Our new series takes an inside look at women conquering their goals...without draining their bank accounts.
- I Paid Off $57K of Debt While Planning My Wedding
See how Carmen reached debt-zero...and put a ring on it.
- I Quit My Office Job and Nearly Doubled My Income
Oh, the money you'll make.
- I Bought a Home in NYC at 30
Meet Alexa. She paid off her student loans, started a biz, and bought a home. All before her 30th birthday party.
- I Froze My Eggs to Focus on My Career
Say oocyte cryopreservation five times fast. Then get saving.
Skimm'tionary: Spend Smarter
A popular budgeting rule that breaks down your paycheck so 50% goes toward basic needs (housing, groceries, getting to work), 20% to saving and investing, and 30% for wants (Netflix, happy hours, haircuts).
When you detox from bad money habits, like overspending. By using cash for expenses like clothes, food, and entertainment instead of swiping your debit or credit card. When you’re out of money, you’re done spending.
Every story has a financial angle.
- How Trade Wars Can Affect Your Wallet
Trade wars can cause a ripple effect on pretty much every area of your finances.
- How Climate Change Can Affect Your Wallet
- How a Strong US Dollar Can Affect Your Wallet
Hint: it's not always a good thing.
- What 5G Could Mean for Your Wallet
Faster internet, new devices, and more free time.
- What More Federal Debt Could Mean for Your Wallet
The CBO says federal debt is heading toward crisis status. Not good for the economy. Not all bad for you.
- What Self-Driving Cars Could Mean for Your Wallet
Autonomy is in.
- How Low Birth Rates Could Affect Your Wallet
Babies are expensive. Not having babies could be, too.
- How Rising Oil Prices Can Affect Your Wallet
It's not just what you pay at the pump.
For anything life throws your way.
- Picking Savings Goals You’ll Be Motivated to Hit
- theSkimm on How to Save More Money, Faster
Science has a few ideas on how to supercharge your savings.
- How to Make a Wedding Budget
So your marriage can be more for richer than for poorer.
- Easy Ways to Save Money On Food
No cooking skills required.
- theSkimm on Last-Minute Travel Without the Spending Hangover
When you gotta GTFO, you gotta GTFO.
- theSkimm’s Guide to Surviving Wedding Season
Here's how to survive wedding season without going broke.
- How to Save on Entertainment Costs
Think: TV shows, movie nights, and concerts.
- Tips to Save on Housing Costs
Because it's probably your biggest expense.
Put your money to work.
- Should I Save, Pay Off Debt, or Invest?
D) all of the above. Here’s how to prioritize.
- What Are the Different Types of Investments?
From bonds to bitcoin. And lots in between.
- The Road to Retirement: How to Tell Your Money Where to Go
Be the boss of your own investments.
- The Best Investment Account for Every Money Goal
One size does not fit all.
More Money Moments
All the As to your Qs.
- Pay Off Student Loans
Some relationships aren’t built to last. See how to break up with your student debt.
- Earn More
Guides to (get, get, get, get, get, get) get that paper.
- Get Out of Credit Card Debt
CC debt is like a crack in your phone screen. The longer you ignore it, the worse it gets.
- Finances of Fertility & Family
Whether you’re itching to get started, already have, or aren’t sure if kids are the move.